In light of maintaining hygiene & increasing the life of your hot towel cabinet, cleaning it is very easy and only takes a few minutes. Here are some basic tips:
- Clean up messes as they happen as it's always easier to clean things before they've been baked on
- Remove and empty any drip trays and clean up any spilled oils or scent pods
- Always check the rubber gasket along the door. Pull it away from the metal and wipe it clean. This will help prevent moisture from getting into unwanted places and turning into mold.
- At least once a month, check the screws that are hidden next to the gasket and tighten them if necessary.
- Finally, be sure to never leave towels in the cabinet overnight. Warm, dark and damp places are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and a UV light may not fully penetrate all surfaces of the towel to kill bacteria. Whether your cabinet has a UV light or not, make it a habit to remove all towels overnight to ensure you don't accidentally spread disease.